How To Make Lip Balm For Yourself : It is good to know how to make lip balm for your lips because they have no oil glands. They can hardly be protected from the harsh elements such as the cold weather, hot sunlight, and the wind.
How To Make Lip Balms At Home
Here are some easy-to-make lip balm recipes that can help you.
Honey lip balm
Beeswax and almond oil serve as a barrier against cold and wind, while honey helps your lips to keep moisture.
- 4 teaspoons of Almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated of grated beeswax
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Warm the almond oil and the beeswax in a small bowl over very low heat for the wax to melt. Remove from heat and add the honey. Stir it very well to mix properly. Pour the wax in a small glass jar. Let it cool and stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from separating.
You can make different variations of this lip balm by adding to the same ingredients for honey lip balm. Just add some extra ingredient to it as described below.
- Peppermint lip balm: Stir in 10 drops of peppermint essential oil just after mixing in the honey.
- For grapefruit and lavender lip balm: Stir in 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oil after mixing the honey.
- Chamomile and orange blossom lip balm: Stir in 10 drops of chamomile essential oil and 5 drops of neroli essential oils after mixing in the honey.
- Rose lip balm: Mix in 10 drops of rose essential oil after mixing in the honey.
- Healing balm for chapped lips: Follow the recipe for honey lip balm. Add 400 IU vitamin E capsule after the honey and stir to mix. Add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oils and stir thoroughly to mix.
Golden lip healing balm
If you are someone who likes to go green, then this particular recipe will show you how to make lip balm that will fit your desire. Get the following ingredients together.
- 1 tablespoon of organic soy wax flakes
- 1 tablespoon of coconut butter
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 drop of chamomile essential oil
- a drop of rose essential oil
- 1 pinch of shimmery pink mineral blush
- 1 pinch of pure golden mineral glimmer
Put the soy wax and coconut butter in an empty metal tin from lip balm or cuticle butter. Place the tin in an enamel bowl half filled with water and double boil it until the mixture melts.
Remove the tin carefully and allow the mixture to cool a little and then add the vanilla extract and the chamomile and rose essential oils. Stir the content with a wooden tooth pick.
Add the mineral blush and stir to mix and add the mineral glimmer and stir to mix evenly. Blend well and allow it to cool completely before using. Store it in a half-ounce glass jar such as the eye cream container.
How to make lip balm with chocolate milk
Use the following ingredients to make lip balm
- 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 1 tablespoon of powdered chocolate milk
Place the petroleum jelly in a microwave-safe container and melt it under your watchful eyes. Open the vitamin E capsule and pour the oil into the melted petroleum jelly and stir to blend. Add the chocolate milk powder to it and mix thoroughly. You can use strawberry or vanilla powdered milk.
Place the container back in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir again to be properly mixed. When it cools down, pour it into small air-tight containers and use it for your lips.
Concerning petroleum jelly: If you opt for petroleum jelly, you might be putting some liquid paraffin chemicals in your body.
Another lip gloss remedy
Here is another remedy for taking care of your lips.
- 1 tablespoon of grated beeswax
- 4½ teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 E vitamin capsule
- 1/8 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Place the beeswax and the coconut oil in an oven-proof container and add the vitamin E capsule oil to it. Heat the container in the oven at a 250 °F until the wax is melted. Pour the vanilla extract in and stir thoroughly. Let it cool down and pour it in a closable jar.
Apply some to your lips with lip brush or your finger. If you do not have vanilla extract, you can substitute almond extract for it. This is another method of how to make lip balm.
Apply Olive oil
One simple remedy is to apply olive oil or baby oil to your lips when they are dry and cracked.
Tasty Lip balm
You can also use this recipe to protect your lips during cold weather.
- ½ cup of almond oil
- ¼ cup of cocoa butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 ounces of beeswax
- 1½ teaspoon of lemon, or cherry, or orange flavoring
Melt the almond oil, cocoa butter, and coconut oil, together in a bowl over low heat. Stir in the honey and beeswax. After the beeswax is melted add the lemon, cherry, orange or any other natural flavorings of your own. Mix it completely and test the firmness. If not firm enough, add some more beeswax. This recipe also shows you how to make lip balm that is tasty.
For lip gloss
You can also make a very simple lip gloss that can be used quite often.
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of alkanet root
Melt the beeswax over hot water and add the olive oil and alkanet root powder to it or use alkanet capsule. Both of them are in Walmart store. Strain the wax and pour in a glass jar for use. Some people switch out the alkanet for leftover lipsticks. You may do that if you do not want to go all natural here.
All these recipes are available to you now so you can know how to make lip balm to suit your own taste.