When you use home remedies for pimples, you are naturally advising the skin to behave normally, and it will do so.
When there is too much oil in the pores of the skin (1), it becomes a pimple. You can choose to get rid of it with prescription or over the counter drugs.
It takes a while to achieve the desired results which could be temporary but if you resort to natural home remedies for pimples, you stand a good chance to be permanently relieved.
What Are The Remedies?
Corn starch for your spot
Add 10 tablespoons of lemon juice to 10 tablespoons of corn starch and mix it to form a paste. Rub the paste over the pimples on your body and allow it to stay on until it’s dried. Wash it off with water gently later on. The home remedies for pimples reduce the inflammation and dries out pustules from the pimples.
Oatmeal and tomato cure
Add fine oatmeal and a teaspoon of honey to 1/3 cup of pureed tomatoes to make a paste. Use this on your pimple and keep it on for 15 minutes.
Lentil and camphor home remedies for pimples
Get rid of pimples and acne scars with a tablespoon of ground lentils, a teaspoon of milk, a pinch of camphor and a few drops of hot ghee mixed together.
Apply to affected areas. Leave on to dry and gently rub it off, then wash face with warm water. A grass fed organic ghee will be preferable and you can find it on Amazon.
Yogurt and oatmeal remedy
Mix some yogurt with a tablespoon of oatmeal and a pinch of turmeric, and apply to the pimple spots. Leave on the spots to dry, and wash with warm water. Use these home remedies for pimples regularly for treatment.
Corn flour method
Here is one simple pimple home remedy to consider. Before going to bed, mix corn flour with an egg and apply to pimple spots on your body.
Let it sit for about 15 minutes and wash with warm water. Repeat this remedy for at least 4 times in a day for remarkable improvement.
Papaya juice for your spots
Use the whitish juice of the skin of unripe papaya on the pimples of your skin. Watch out for sensitivity of your skin to it. If there is none, then use it occasionally to remove pimples. you can also use it for scars.
Home remedies for pimples such as the Beaver brand of horseradish are useful. This brand of horseradish contains many natural ingredients such as citric acid, eggs, vinegar, soybean, lemon extract.
Put some of the horseradish on the spots for about 15 minutes and wash away. Repeat this procedure a few more times to get full effect on the pimples
Cream of Tartar
One of the home remedies for pimples you can try for yourself is the Cream of Tarter. Mix a teaspoon of cream of tarter with one cup of juice and drink it daily for a week. The ingredients in cream of tarter help to clear acne pimples.
Hepar sulph medicine
Hepar sulf is a homeopathic treatment that is useful for slow-healing pimples on the skin. This remedy for pimples can also encourage “blind” spots to come to a head and resolve themselves. Use as directed on label.
If your diet is poor or you are at puberty age, or pregnant, and have pimples, then Pulsatilla can be of great help to you. It is also good for women on menopause.
Pulsatilla is very effective in treating these spots. Take as recommended on label.
Manuka oil for pimples
Manuka comes from a tree in New Zealand and is very useful for skin treatment. Wash your body with manuka soap before you go to bed, and apply manuka oil to the pimples, and let it sit overnight.
Others have used manuka honey on acne blackheads for similar results. Manuka oil and manuka honey can be purchased online, and some nutrition shops.
Manuka honey is made by bees collecting nectar from the Manuka Bush or Tea Tree which is native to New Zealand.
These are effective home remedies for pimples that can help you tremendously.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Scabies
Juicing: Pimple’s great destroyer
Once you put yourself on a proper diet you can drink juices like asparagus juice and parsley juice which can reverse the acid buildup caused by toxins in the blood. The skin will begin to clear up when there are no more acid toxins.
Take equal part of strawberry and raspberry juice once or twice a week. It will help to eliminate toxic accumulations in the circulating blood plasma. This is good for pimples and blackheads.
Home remedies for pimples work better with nutrient saturated juice.
If you want all the nutrients, use a recommended juicer like the Masticating juicer for juicing. The Low speed unit produces a higher quality juice because it produces less oxidation.
What to eat
Change in diet is a major foundation for treating this type of skin problem. Many people ignore these simple home remedies for pimples that can make a big change in their conditions.
Reconsider the way you eat, and adopt pimple and acne free diet method for permanent treatment.
- A simple diet of basic and unprocessed foods, are best for pimple treatment.
- Dark green vegetables like broccoli and orange vegetables like carrots are highly recommended. They help to maintain smooth, soft disease-free skin. Eat them raw or lightly cooked to retain their nutrients and fiber.
- A quarter cup of ground flaxseeds taken with at least 8 ounces of water provides plenty of fiber and needed essential fatty acids for acne treatment.
- Nuts and seeds are a great source of skin-healthy vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
- Combine some protein foods like beans, lentils, peas, eggs and some omega-3 fatty acids foods like fish with your meals.
- Drink a glass of clean water every 2 waking hours to flush out toxins from the body.
Also Read: Best Way To reduce Face Wrinkles
Foods to avoid
It’s about time to cut down on junk food and processed foods like chips, candy, colas, and nachos.
- Watch your sugar. It boosts oil production and provides food for bacteria and yeast. It can raise your insulin level and trigger hormones that cause acne. Try also to reduce artificial sugar substitutes such aspartame or saccharine because they do infest the body with poison.
- If you think you are sensitive to some foods, stop eating them for a while.
- Regulate saturated and hydrogenated fats like lard, margarine and vegetable shortening. They are difficult to digest and they worsen acne.
- Be careful of Coffee and other caffeinated products which can trigger skin blemishes. Switch to herbal teas if caffeine gives you problem.
- Minimize refined carbohydrates like white rice, pasta made with white flour and white bread. They provide little nutritional value and will not improve the health of your skin.
- Chocolate is heavily blamed for acne. But in reality it is not the cause of acne.
However due to food sensitivity some people may break out with acne after eating chocolate.
If you are acne prone, beware of regularly eating too much iodine. This can inflame your pores and trigger acne. Large quantities of iodine can be found in junk foods and iodized salts. Consumer Union once found out that the average iodine in fast food meal was over 30 times more than the recommended dietary allowance of 150 micrograms daily.
With all these home remedies for pimples at your disposal, nothing can stop you from experimenting on any of these methods.