Cumin powder Face Pack for Glowing Skin: Cuminum cyminum, commonly called as cumin, is a member of the family Apiaceae. Cumin or jeera is a spice extracted from the seeds of the Cuminum cyminum. Being a native plant to southwest Asia, cumin seeds are used as an ingredient in many recipes across the globe. Cumin seeds are dark brown and have a striped pattern with nine ridges and oil canals. They are boat-shaped and have invisible tiny hairs. These are often mistaken as caraway seeds because of their resemblance but they differ in taste. Because of its powerful flavor and spicy-sweet aroma, cumin becomes the staple spice in the Mexican, Indian, African, and Asian cuisines.
What is Cumin?
It is one of the main ingredients of curry powder and many spicy blends. Normally we fry or roast the cumin seeds before using them to bring out their nutty, aromatic flavor. Furthermore, cumin powder is also available, which is prepared by grounding the seeds to a brownish-green powder. The most commonly used cumin seeds are brown. However black cumin seeds are also available which have a much higher concentration of oil. Black cumin seeds are known as ‘Kalo jeerey’ in Bengali. It contains a powerful, slightly bitter flavor.
Nutritive value of cumin powder
Cumin seeds are a rich source of potassium, selenium, copper, calcium, manganese. And also it contains good amounts of vital anti-oxidants and vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
It is a fat-soluble nutrient and it encourages new & healthy skin cell production, protects the skin from UV radiation and has anti-aging properties
The fat-soluble vitamin E has nutrients that help in the deep nourishing of our skin. It helps in the regeneration of new skin cells and slows down the process of aging.
It is water-soluble and promotes collagen production. Collagen rejuvenates the skin and reduces wrinkles, thus preventing aging.
A study published in the United States National Library of Medicine quotes that Cumin Seeds are the natural and safe alternative of getting these nutrients. Vitamin E, A & C play a significant role in the prevention, regeneration, and delaying of skin aging.
Cumin plays a key role in the kitchen. You may surprise to know that cumin has great medical importance. Let us know in detail about the importance of cumin as a medicine and as a beautifying agent. The goodness of cumin as a health tonic and for beauty has been included in our ancient scriptures.
You can consume Cumin in the following forms
- face pack
Cumin as a medicine
Because of its anti-microbial properties, we can prefer cumin daily. Cumin is also enriching with dietary fibers to promote digestion.
- Cumin cleanses the skin and kills the bacteria. Wash your face with cumin water daily to get rid of acne and pimples. Apply cumin face pack by taking cumin powder, turmeric powder and yogurt on your face and allow it to dry. Now, moisturize your skin to have an acne-free face.
- Cumin protects the skin from any bacterial, fungal or microbial infections, making it free of toxins.
- Cumin powder adds taste to the food and at the same time clears the toxic materials. It protects the digestive system when consumed in any form.
Cumin for beauty
- Application of cumin in the form of a face pack by mixing cumin powder, turmeric powder and honey helps us to get a glowing skin.
- Cumin helps to treat skin inflammations and allergies. Apply a paste of soaked and pasted cumin on your face and rinse when dried. This pack treats burns also.
- Consumption of cumin seeds in any form fights with the free radicles that form wrinkles on the skin. It prevents age spots and sagging of skin.
- Cumin seed oil when applied with apple cider vinegar cleanses the skin by clearing the oil, residues, and dirt.
- Make a peel-off mask by combining turmeric powder and cumin powder in a 3:1 ratio with honey. This gives a smooth skin. You can use yogurt instead of honey if you have a tan or Sunburns.
It may not be surprising that this wonder spice is considered “King of Kitchen” for its virtues. When you consume cumin regularly it accounts for your overall well-being and prosperity.
Cumin powder Face Pack for Glowing Skin
- Cumin Powder,
- Jojoba oil
Preparation of Face Pack
- Mix both the ingredients turmeric and cumin powder in a 3:1 ratio.
- Apply this on the face and wait till it dries up.
- Wash off.
Now your skin becomes smooth and glowing.
To make a peel-off face mask use honey instead of water.
Honey can soothe the inflamed tissue and prevents the spices from becoming too dry.
Plain organic yogurt can also be to treat sunburns or acne-prone or blotchy skin.
Some jojoba oil must apply after washing off your face.