Best Yoga Asanas for Health and Fitness: People who have understood the importance and power of yoga have included yoga in their day to day fitness routine to have a healthy life. Performing Yoga asana will not only keeps physically fitness but also improves mental health by keeping away from stress and anxiety. Yoga helps in the improvement of the digestive system, cardiovascular system, a nervous system which is practiced for ages.
1. Paschimottanasana pose
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat stretching legs out in front. Don’t bend knees and keep the palms on the ground beside your hips.
- By inhaling deeply and straighten your spine.
- Bend forward while exhaling and touch the toes with your fingers.
- In the correct posture, your face should be on your knees.
- Take few normal breaths and with a deep inhalation, come back sitting up straightening your spine. Release your hands and keep them by side.
- Repeat the process five times initially.
- Paschimottanasana helps in abdomen fat reduction. It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in preventing diabetics and also reduces weight.
- Take a kneeling position comfortably.
- Sit on the heels by placing palms on the knees.
- Check the spin should be erect by taking a deep breath.
- Expand the chest by drawing the abdominal region.
- Continue by setting the pose to five minutes initially.
- Stables mind.
- The regular practice of vajrasana will cure back pain.
- Obesity is reduced.
- Vajrasan acts a pain killer to arthritis patients.
- It is the only asana which can be performed after having lunch or dinner.
Also read: what is Hatha Yoga or Raja Yoga
- Sit in vajrasana pose.
- Separate knees comfortably.
- Hold sole of the feet facing the ceiling by keeping straight arms, hands.
- Maintain a neutral neck.
- Stay in the pose as long as you can but don’t strain.
Benefits of Ustrasana:
- Decreases fats on the stomach
- Increase digestion.
- Ad-nominal organs will be stimulated.
- increase in the capacity of lungs and chest size.
- Lie down straight on the back.
- Raise legs to the ceiling by inhaling resting the body on the shoulders.
- Support your back with your hands.
- Try to form a straight line of raised legs, abdomen and chest by practicing.
Benefits of Sarvangasana:
- It helps to nourish thyroid glands and increase scalp blood circulation.