Make your own best homemade face scrub easily right in your kitchen. It will be an exact and cheapest duplicate of the expensive professional ones in the beauty stores. Best yet, it will be without all the unwanted chemicals.
With homemade face scrub, you can change the intensity level of exfoliation based on your skin condition and you can also add new healing and soothing ingredients to your liking.
No will be added to the scrub just to prevent any irritation it might cause to the skin. If you are confident with the remedies you might add them later on to deal with acne and anti-aging wrinkle problems.
The best way is to make the scrub in bulk, store in a glass jar, and place in the bathroom or the refrigerator. When you want to use it, add water or toner to it if needs be.
Almond Milk scrub
- 4 tablespoons of very fine almond meal
- 4 tablespoons of white clay
- 1 tablespoon organic milk powder
Add all these ingredients together in a glass jar and shake thoroughly to mix well. If you want to use it, pour 1 tablespoon in the palm of your hand and massage gently into your skin. Rinse the skin off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry. Almond makes the skin soft. The recipe will yield 4 ounces
Breakfast Yogurt Scrub
- 20 grams of brewer’s yeast in powder or tablet form
- 2 teaspoons of plain organic yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey
Grind the brewer’s yeast or tablets in mortar (if you use tablets) Add the remaining ingredients to the mortar and mix together. Use the scrub immediately. Do not store any of it in the refrigerator. Leave the homemade face scrub on the skin for a few minutes before rinsing off.
Yeast is rich in vitamin B6 and it stimulates circulation. Honey is good at disinfecting and calming the complexion.
White for Sake
- 1 organic green tea bag
- 5 grams of white willow bark extract
- 120 mg of gingko biloba extract
- 1 cup of rice bran or baby rice flakes
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1 ripe papaya juice
- 5 drops of grapefruit oil
- 2 tablespoons od sake (optional)
- Steep 1 green teabag in ½ cup of boiling water for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, crush some aspirin tablets, crack open the gingko biloba extract capsule and blend the aspirin and extract with rice bran or baby rice flakes, and oatmeal.
- Add the papaya juice to the mixture and add the green tea to make a soft but not runny paste.
- Add 5 drops of grapefruit oil if you want preserve the mixture. If you are using sake immediately, add the grapefruit just before you are ready to use the scrub.
This mild scrub is originally a creamy green version of the famous Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which can also be prepared with sake (Japanese rice wine) for even stronger whitening results. If you use sake, use the prepared mixture immediately because it will ferment the rest of the ingredients into a smelly mush.
Sugar mommy homemade face scrub
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 drops of rose oil
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
Whisk all the above ingredients in a glass bowl. Massage your face and neck with the mixture for 2-3 minutes. Rinse your skin with warm water and washcloth to get rid of the oil residue. Follow with a toner of your choice and moisturize.
Also Read : Effective Candida Diet Recipes
This homemade face scrub has no shelf live and should be prepared fresh before use.
Similar good working commercial products with sugar and olive oil on the market may cause you a fortune. However, this costs you only few dollars.
Exfoliating product guide
How do you get to know that you have the right exfoliant that suits your skin’s needs? Here is a check list below.
If your scrub feels uncomfortable or hurts you when you use it, stop it immediately.
Chemical exfoliating lotions may cause some redness, making your skin feeling hot or inflamed. In such cases, rinse off the product and apply soothing toner, or steep a cup of green tea and spray it all over your face.
Better yet, soak a clean cotton towel and apply it to your face. If the irritation continues, contact your doctor. This is one of the reasons why you make your own homemade face scrub.